Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels- a creamy, spicy Buffalo chicken filling is rolled up in crescent dough, cut into spirals and air fried until golden.
I love making quick and easy appetizers and gameday treats in my air fryer.
This recipe is so, so easy and the pinwheels only take 5 to 7 minutes to air fry.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- Mix together filling. Combine cream cheese and Buffalo wing sauce, mixing together until smooth. Then stir in rotisserie chicken, cheddar cheese, blue cheese crumbles, and green onion.
- Spread filling on crescent sheet and roll up jelly roll style. Cut into spirals.
- Air fry 5 to 7 minutes.
Cook In Batches
You don’t want to crowd the air fryer basket so you will need to cook in two batches.
Use Parchment Paper Liner
You will want to use parchment paper liners so the pinwheels don’t stick to the air fryer basket. I use parchment paper liners with holes that are made for the air fryer, but you can cut a circle of regular parchment paper and poke a few holes in it so the air can circulate.
- Use cottage cheese or mayonnaise instead of cream cheese.
- You can use any type of leftover, cooked chicken.
- Use Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese in place of cheddar cheese.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper for extra heat.
If you can’t find a crescent sheet at the store, use regular crescent roll dough and press on the perforations to seal.
How To Store
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer.
More Air Fryer Appetizers
- Air Fryer Sausage Crescent Cheese Balls
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- Air Fryer Ranch Wings
- Air Fryer Little Smokies
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- 3 ounces Cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Buffalo wing sauce
- 1 cup finely chopped rotisserie chicken
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 Crescent sheet
- ranch dressing for dipping
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese and wing sauce until smooth.
- Stir in chicken, cheddar cheese, blue cheese, and green onions.
- Unroll crescent sheet into a rectangle and spread chicken mixture evenly across it.Starting at one long end, roll up jelly-roll style.
- Cut into 10 spirals.
- Place a parchment paper liner in the air fryer basket and add half the pinwheels. Air fry for 5 to 7 minutes.Repeat with remaining.
- Serve with ranch dressing.