Air Fryer Spinach Phyllo Cups are an easy party appetizer that only take 5 minutes to air fry. They are great for a holiday party, brunch, or gameday.
Creamy Filling and Crispy Shell
A creamy spinach filling flavored with a little bacon and onion is the perfect filling for this easy party appetizer. It tastes so good in a crispy, crunchy phyllo shell. I use Athens Mini Phyllo Shells. They are bite-sized and so easy to eat. There will be enough filling to fill 15 to 20 cups.
Only 6 Ingredients Needed
- Cream Cheese– be sure that it is softened so that it will mix in easily with the spinach.
- Bacon Bits– I use bacon bits for ease and convenience but you can use 3 slices of cooked and crumbled bacon instead.
- 10 ounces Frozen, Chopped Spinach, thawed- be sure to squeeze out most of the water so the filling insn’t watery.
- Onion– the onion should be finely diced. You can use yellow, sweet, or white onion.
- 1 Egg Yolk– acts as a binder.
- Phyllo Cups– I use Athens Mini Phyllo Cups. There will be enough filling to fill 15 to 20.
Make It Spicy
If you want to spice up the spinach cups, add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes or a pinch or two of cayenne pepper.
Air Fry Time
Air Fryer cook times vary between different air fryer models and brands. Use the cook time as an estimate and check frequently. They are done as soon as the phyllo cups are golden and the filling is warm.
Recommened Air Fryer
I use the Cosori 5.8-quart Air Fryer and love it. It cooks well, is easy to clean and makes a little less noise than some other air fryers.
More Air Fryer Favorites
- Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes
- Air Fryer Spinach and Feta Stuffed Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza
Air Fryer Spinach Phyllo Cups
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup bacon bits
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 egg yolk
- 15 to 20 mini phyllo shells, I use Athens Phyllo Shells which come 15 to a package.
- In a medium bowl, mix together first 5 ingredients until evenly combined.
- Spoon spinach mixture into phyllo shells.
- Air Fry at 350℉ for 5 minutes.