Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Taquitos are crispy on the outside with a spicy, creamy chicken filling inside. They make an awesome quick and easy gameday appetizer.
Start With Cooked Chicken
I most like to use rotisserie chicken for this recipe but you can use any cooked chicken- slow cooked, poached, baked, grilled, or cooked in the air fryer. You could even use leftover turkey.
How To Make Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
(More detailed instructions below.)
- Mix all the filling ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place about 2 to 3 tablespoons of filling in a thin line on each tortilla and tightly roll them up.
- Spray with oil and air fry for 6 to 8 minutes at 400 degrees.
Do I Need To Preheat The Air Fryer?
Some air fryers need to be preheated and others do not. Check your air fryer manual to see if yours does. I do not preheat my Cosori 5-8-quart Air Fryer but my Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer does need to be preheated.
- Don’t like blue cheese? Leave it out or add some Pepper Jack cheese or mozzarella cheese in its place.
- Cottage cheese can be substituted for cream cheese. It will make this recipe a little healthier, but the filling will still be creamy.
- Use corn tortillas in place of flour.
Be sure you use Buffalo Wing Sauce and not Hot Sauce. I use Frank’s RedHot Wing Sauce.
Microwave the flour tortillas for 20 to 30 seconds covered with a damp paper towel. This will make them more pliable.
How To Serve
These taquitos are great served with celery sticks and carrot sticks. Drizzle them with either Ranch dressing or Blue Cheese dressing and sprinkle with sliced green onion. You could also sprinkle them with chopped fresh cilantro and diced avocado.
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes
More Air Fryer Appetizers
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- Air Fryer
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Ranch dressing
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 10 small flour tortillas
- Ranch dressing or Blue Cheese dressing for serving
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, wing sauce, and ranch dressing until smooth.
- Gently mix in the chicken, cheddar cheese, blue cheese, and half the green onion.
- Place flour tortillas on a microwave-safe plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 20 to 30 seconds to make more pliable.
- Place about 2 to 3 tablespoons of filling in a thin line across each tortilla and tightly roll up.
- Spray air fryer basket with oil and place taquitos in it seam side down. Spray the tops with oil.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
- To serve, drizzle with ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing and sprinkle with green onions.