These Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Tenders get super crispy and cook in only 10 minutes! Serve them with a dipping sauce for a fantastic lunch or dinner.
Homemade Is Better Tasting and Healthier
This recipe is much healthier than fast food fried chicken tenders which are deep fried. These chicken tenders only need a light coating of oil. They are also much healthier than frozen chicken tenders because they don’t have any preservatives or artificial ingredients.
Crispy Crunchy Coating
A combination of Panko crumbs and dry breadcrumbs creates a really crispy coating. The air fryer does a great job of getting the coating just as crispy as deep-frying, but without all the oil.
The chicken tenderloins are coated in mayonnaise before getting coated in breadcrumbs. The mayonnaise keeps the chicken really moist and tender and also adheres the breadcrumbs to the chicken.
How To Serve Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Tenders
A dipping sauce is practically a must for chicken tenders. Serve with ketchup, BBQ sauce, Honey Mustard, or Ranch Dressing. They make a great topping for a garden salad. Serve them with Creamy Mac and Cheese for a great kid-friendly meal.
Air Fryer Cooking Times Vary
Use the cooking time as an estimate. Different air fryers cook at different rates and the size of your chicken tenders can affect the cooking time. Chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Leftovers can be kept for 3 to 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the air fryer.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Tenders
- 12 chicken tenderloins
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Panko crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- olive oil spray
- Honey Mustard Dressing, optional
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken tenderloins and mayonnaise.
- In a pie plate, combine breadcrumbs, Panko crumbs, paprika, salt, onion powder, and pepper.
- One at a time, press chicken tenders in breadcrumb mixture.
- Spray air fryer basket with oil. Place half the chicken tenders in basket. Spray them with oil.Air fry at 390 ℉ for 5 to 6 minutes per side. When you flip them, spray with a little more oil.
- Serve with Honey Mustard if desired.