Air Fryer Shrimp Boil- red potatoes, smoked sausage, corn, and shrimp are seasoned with Old Bay seasoning and air fried. Such a great way to make shrimp boil! I especially love how the corn turns out. So much more flavorful than boiled!
Such an easy one-pot meal. Perfect for cooking a small batch of shrimp boil.
I also love to make Shrimp Boil in a slow cooker. Tastes so good when the flavors really have time to come together.
Parboil the Potatoes
Because whole potatoes take so long to cook all the way through, you will partially cook the potatoes before adding them to the air fryer. Place them in a pot, cover with water, add some salt and boil them for about 10 minutes. You don’t want them totally soft. They should still have some resistence when you poke them with a fork.
Try to use small red potatoes for this recipe. If they are medium to large, you should cut them in half before par-boiling them.
How To Make Air Fryer Shrimp Boil
- Parboil the potatoes and mix together olive oil, butter, garlic powder, and Old Bay.
- Drizzle the potatoes, corn, sausage with half of the butter mixture.
- Air fry for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and drizzle on remaining butter mixture. Air fry 6 to 7 minutes. Serve.
How To Serve
Serve with either melted butter or some cocktail sauce to dip the shrimp in. Some crusty French bread or Italian bread goes great with shrimp boil. Try squeezing some fresh lemon juice over the boil. Buttermilk Coleslaw or Southern Potato Salad are great sides.
Cajun or Creole seasoning can be used in place of Old Bay.
Careful Not To Overcook The Shrimp
Shrimp are done as soon as they turn opaque. Overcook them and they will have a rubbery texture. If your shrimp are not large, they will probably be done in less than 6 minutes. Check them at the 4 minute mark to see how they are progressing and give the basket a good shake to ensure even cooking.
Make It Spicier
If you want spicy shrimp boil, add half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the butter mixture.
More Air Fryer Seafood Recipes
Air Fryer Shrimp Boil
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 2 ears corn, cut into thirds
- 12 ounces andouille or kielbasa sausage, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound medium to large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1`½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons old bay seasoning
- Lemon slices and chopped fresh parsley for serving, optional
- Place potatoes in a pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Simmer until just starting to get soft, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Place potatoes, sausage, and corn in air fryer basket.
- Stir together olive oil, butter, garlic powder, and cajun seasoning in a small bowl. Drizzle half over the potatoes, sausage and corn.
- Air fry at 375 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and drizzle with remaining butter mixture. Air fry for 6 to 7 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Serve with lemon slices and chopped fresh parsley.