Air Fryer Crescent Wrapped Hot Dogs only need 4 to 7 minutes to cook and couldn’t be easier to make. They make a great snack or lunch for hungry kids.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Crescent Wrapped Hot Dogs
- Hot Dogs– use your favorite type. I like to use bun-length hot dogs.
- Crescent Dough– I use a crescent sheet, but if it isn’t available, use the regular crescent dough, unroll it, and press on the perforations to seal. The crescent sheets are just one big piece of dough and are really helpful for recipes like this one.
- Ketchup and Mustard– use both or one or the other or use neither and just dip the cooked hot dogs in ketchup or mustard.
- Butter– brush the crescent dough with melted butter for extra flavor and to enhance browning.
- Garlic Powder– adds a little extra flavor.
Air Frying Time
This recipe only takes 4 to 6 minutes to air fry. Start checking them at about the 4 minute mark and check to make sure the crescent dough isn’t still doughy. Keep cooking until the dough is fully cooked. Air Fryer cooking times can vary greatly between air fryers so use the cooking time as an estimate.
How To Make
More detailed instructions in the recipe card below.
- Cut small slits on one side of the hot dogs. This allows the hot dogs to expand without splitting open. Totally ok if you forget to do this step.
- Unroll crescent dough and drizzle or spread a little mustard and ketchup on it. If you just want to dip the crescent dogs you can skip this step.
- Cut the dough into 8 long strips. A pizza cutter is really handy for doing this.
- Wrap a piece of crescent dough around each hot dog.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of melted butter with a little garlic powder and brush the tops of each one with it.
- Air fry for 5 to 7 minutes.
Air Fryer Recommendation
I have tried many different air fryers over the years and my current favorite is the Cosori Pro II 5.8-quart ir Fryer. It cooks well, the basket is easy to remove, and it doesn’t make as much noise as some air fryers.
Do not crowd the air fryer. The crescent dough will expand some and you want to have plenty of room around each one so the air can circulate and they don’t stick together. Cook in batches if necessary.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Fried Okra
- Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza
- Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
Air Fryer Crescent Wrapped Hot Dogs
- 8 hot dogs
- mustard and ketchup
- 1 (8-ounce) Pillsbury Crescent Sheet
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- pinch of garlic powder
- Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees.
- Cut slits 1/4-inch deep spaced 1-inch apart on tops of hot dogs.
- Unroll crescent sheet and drizzle with desired amount of mustard and ketchup and cut lengthwise into 8 long strips.Wrap 1 around each hot dog.
- Combine melted butter and garlic powder. Brush mixture onto tops of crescent wrapped hot dogs.
- Spray air fryer basket with oil. Air fry 4 at a time for 5 to 7 minutes.Repeat with remaining hot dogs.
- Serve with ketchup and mustard.