Air Fryer Maple Mustard Salmon is coated in a super simple glaze thast is both sweet and tangy.
I love cooking salmon in my air fryer. It is so simple and hands off. A healthy meal can be made in under 20 minutes! Goes great with steamed broccoli or roasted zucchini.
Easy 3-Ingredient Glaze
Only 3 ingredients are needed to make a simple glaze for this air fryer salmon: maple syrup, mustard, and apple cider vinegar.
What Type Of Mustard To Use
You can use any type of mustard but I most like either Creole mustard (Like Zatarains) or Dijon mustard. The glaze is both sweet and tangy. If you want to make it a little spicy, add some cayenne pepper.
How Long To Air Fry Salmon
A number of factors can influence how long you need to cook your salmon.
- Air fryers cook differently. Different air fryer brands and models cook at different rates so you should always use the cooking time as an estimate.
- How large and thick your salmon fillets are. They can wary a great deal in width and height.
- How done you like your salmon. I tend to like mine medium-rare.
Your salmon can take anywhere from 8 to 10 minutes or longer to fully cook.
How To Tell If Your Salmon Is Fully Done
Use a fork or knife to take a peak at the middle of the thickest part of the salmon. It should look mostly opaque and pink and not translucent. It should also pull apart and flake easily. Keep in mind the salmon will continue cooking a little after you remove it from the air fryer.
More Air Fryer Salmon Recipes
Air Fryer Maple Mustard Salmon
- 3 salmon fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons creole mustard or Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Season salmon to taste with salt and pepper.Sprinkle with paprika and thyme. Drizzle salmon with olive oil.
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees for 2 minutes. Lightly spray air fryer basket with oil.Air fry salmon for 4 minutes.
- While salmon air fries, whisk together glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
- Brush with glaze and air fry another 4 to 6 minutes.Brush with glaze and serve.