Air Fryer Cinnamon Apple Chips- only 2 ingredients needed to make this healthy snack. Eat them alone or add them to a salad for a sweet crunch.
What Type Of Apple To Use?
I usually use red delicious apples for this recipe. Their sweetness really concentrates as the apple slices dry out. Pink Lady or Gala apples also work well. Granny Smith can be used for slightly sour apple chips.
No need to peel or core the apples.
What I Love About Making Apple Chips In An Air Fryer
Apple chips are so quick and easy to air fry. They only take a fraction of the time that it takes to make them in the oven.
Air Fryer Cooking Times
Not all air fryers cook at the same rate so use the cooking time as an estimate and check the apples frequently.
How Long To Cook
I find they turn out best if you set your temperature to 300 and cook them for 15 to 20 minutes. You’ll want to flip them over about every 5 minutes so they cook evenly.
How Thin To Slice The Apples
You want the apple slices to be about 1/8-inch thick.
Air Fryer Cinnamon Apple Chips Recipe Tips
Work in batches. Don’t overlap the apple slices.
Use more or less cinnamon depending on how much or little cinnamon flavor you want.
The apples will crisp up as they cool.
Some brands of air fryers are better than others at getting the apples to crisp up. If you struggle to get apple chips that are crispy and not burnt, your air fryer probably isn’t doing you any favors.
What to do if your apples start flying around
If your apples start to fly around in the basket, you can place a metal rack or trivet on top of them to hold them down.
- Mandoline– a mandoline is really useful for cutting thin, uniform apple slices. If you don’t have one, just do the best you can with a sharp kinfe.
- Air Fryer– My favorite air fryer is the Cosori 5.8-quart Air Fryer.
How To Store
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. They gradually lose their crispness over time.
More Air Fryer Snack Recipes
Air Fryer Cinnamon Apple Chips
- 1 to 2 apples, Red Delicious, Pink Lady, or Honeycrisp are great choices.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat air fryer to 300 degrees.
- Thinly slice apples using a knife or a mandoline (about 1/8 inch thick). Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Air fry for 15 to 20 minutes, turning them over every 5 minutes. If they start flying around in the air fryer, you can place a metal trivet on top of them. Be sure to use an oven mitt to lift it.
- Lay Apple Chips out on a baking sheet to cool for 5 minutes.Store in an airtight container.