Air Fryer Bourbon French Toast- French toast tastes even better when flavored with a little bourbon and it is so easy to cook in an air fryer. It gets crispy in just about 6 to 8 minutes.
So Easy To Air Fry French Toast
Making French Toast in an air fryer is so much easier than making it in a pan. Plus it frees up a pan to cook some bacon and sausage and maybe some eggs to go with it. It’s much more hands-off than cooking it in a pan and you don’t really have to worry about burning it.
- Melted Butter
- Vanilla extract
- Ground Cinnamon
What Type Of Bread To Use
For French toast, I most like challah or brioche bread that is stale. Cut it into fairly thick slices. Texas toast or French bread also work really well.
I love French toast because it is such a delicious breakfast to make with really basic ingredients and is a great way to put stale bread to use. You can use any type of stale bread. I’ve even made it with hamburger buns!
Add Some Bourbon
The bourbon gives the french toast a wonderful flavor. I like to use Maker’s Mark Bourbon but you can use any bourbon that you like. Note: This recipe can be made without the bourbon.
How To Serve Air Fryer Bourbon French Toast
Serve with maple syrup of course. For extra flavor, add some whipped cream or whipped butter and a few fresh berries. Blueberries and raspberries are my favorite. Strawberries are great too.
Parchment Paper For Easy Clean-Up
I like to use parchment paper liners with holes in the air fryer basket so the French toast doesn’t stick. It also makes clean-up much easier.
Can Non-Dairy Milk Be Used?
Yes! Instead of milk, you can use almond milk, oat milk, or coconut milk.
More Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
Air Fryer Bourbon French Toast
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper Liners
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 4 thick slices challah or brioche bread
- ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup, fresh berries and whipped cream for serving
- Whisk together eggs, milk, bourbon, melted butter, vanilla extract and salt in a shallow bowl or pie plate.
- Preheat air fryer to 340 degrees.
- Dip 2 pices of bread in the egg mixture, coating both sides well. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Place a parchment paper liner in the air fryer basket and spray with cooking spray.Add the 2 slices of bread to the air fryer. Air fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip over and air fry another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining bread.
- Serve with maple syrup, whipped cream, and berries.