Air Fryer Apple Pie Taquitos- this flour tortilla dessert recipe is stuffed full of fresh apple cinnamon filling. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce and you have an amazing fall dessert.
The flour tortillas get so crisp and taste wonderfully buttery. They are sprinkled with cinnamon sugar just after being air fried for extra flavor.
Easy Apple Filling
The easy apple filling can be made in under 30 minutes. It can be prepared in advance and refrigerated until needed. To make it, mix together some water and cornstarch. Add sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg and bring to a boil for 1 minute. Add two diced apples and cook 5 to 7 minutes to soften the apples some. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract, lemon juice and salt.
What Kind Of Apples To Use
Granny Smith apples work really well for this recipe. Their tartness pairs well with the sugar and cinnamon. Gala and Honeycrisp also work well.
Air Frying Taquitos
I love air frying taquitos. With just a light brush of melted butter they get wonderfully golden and crispy in a short amount of time.
Different brands and models of air fryers will have different cooking times. I use the Cosori 5.8-quart Air fryer. These taquitos should take 7 to 9 minutes to get crispy and golden. Be sure to take a peak at them before the 7 minute mark. That is one of the things I love most about air frying. You can peak at the food without affecting the cooking time much.
Air Fryer Apple Pie Taquitos Recipe Tip
You can use either medium or large flour tortillas for this recipe.
More Air Fryer Desserts
Air Fryer Apple Pie Taquitos
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 6 medium flour tortillas
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- Stir together water and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Add sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then simmer one minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in apples and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently. Mixture should be thick but you can add a little more water if needed.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract, lemon juice, and salt.
- Place tortillas on a microwave-safe plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 20 to 30 seconds. This will make them more pliable.
- Spread a spoonful of caramel sauce on each tortilla. Place about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of apple mixture down the center of each one. Roll up tightly.
- Brush the outside of each tortilla with butter.
- Air fry at 370 for 7 to 9 minutes.
- While they are in the air fryer, combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Remove taquitos from air fryer basket. Brush with a little more butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Serve warm with ice cream and more caramel sauce.