Air Fryer Chorizo Breakfast Burritos can be assembled ahead of time and air fried in just 6 to 8 minutes. Such a great make-ahead breakfast for busy mornings.
Stuffed full of spicy chorizo, salsa, hash browns, Mexican cheese, and scrambled eggs.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Chorizo Breakfast Burritos
- Mexican Chorizo– remove it from the casings if it has them. After you brown it, drain off the fat.
- Refrigerated or Frozen Hash Browns– you can use tater tots instead. Cook in the air fryer until crispy.
- Eggs– scramble them in butter. Undercook them slightly since they will cook a little more in the air fryer.
- Mexican Cheese Blend– you can use a different cheese like cheddar or Pepper Jack.
- Salsa– use “Hot” salsa if you want more spice.
- Cilantro– optional. Leave it out or replace with sliced green onion.
- Flour Tortillas– you want the large, burrito-size flour tortillas.
I cook the chorizo and scrambled eggs in a nonstick skillet and the hash browns in the air fryer. Tater tots can be used instead of hash browns.
What I like most about air frying burritos is the outside gets extra crispy.
Assemble Ahead of Time
These burritos can be assembled up to 3 days in advance and wrapped in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerated. They can be frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before air frying.
These burritos are great as is but even better with sour cream and diced avocado.
- Use bacon or ground breakfast sausage instead of chorizo.
- Use tater tots in place of hash browns.
- Add onion and bell pepper to the pan when you cook the chorizo.
- Use queso instead of or in addition to salsa.
- Use a different type of cheese.
More Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
- Air Fryer Ham and Egg Pockets
- Air Fryer Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit Bombs
- Air Fryer Bourbon French Toast
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
Air Fryer Chorizo Breakfast Burritos
- 1 pound Mexican chorizo, casings removed
- 3 cups refrigerated hash browns
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
- Brown and crumble the chorizo in a large nonstick skillet. Drain off grease.
- Drizzle hash browns with oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread out in air fryer basket.Air fry at 370 for 8 minutes. Shake the basket and conitnue to air fry until golden and crispy, about another 8 minutes.
- Season eggs to taste with salt and pepper. Heat butter in a nonstick skillet. Add eggs and scramble, undercooking them slightly. They will cook a little more in the air fryer.
- On each tortilla, place 1/4 of the cheese and salsa in the middle. Top with chorizo, egg, hash browns, and cilantro.
- Roll up burrito-style by folding the sides in and then rolling the side closest to you up and away from you.
- Spray outside of burritos with cooking spray. Air fry at 370 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes.