Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Smokies- only 4 ingredients needed for this easy appetizer. They are sweet, spicy, and salty and such a great party food.
ONLY 4 INGREDIENTS NEEDED
- Lil Smokies (Cocktail Wieners)
- Bacon– use any type of bacon, excpet thick-cut. Thick-cut bacon is too hard to get crispy. Each piece of bacon gets cut in 3 pieces to wrap 3 Lil Smokies.
- Brown Sugar– adds some sweetness to the bacon.
- Cayenne Pepper– adds a little heat. Use more or less depending on how spicy you want it.
WHY AN AIR FRYER WORKS FOR THIS RECIPE
Bacon Wrapped Smokies are so much easier to make in the air fryer than the oven. It takes much less time for the bacon to get crispy. And if they get cold before you serve them, you can easily reheat them in the air fryer.
Cooking times can vary greatly between air fryers so use it as an estimate. I cook them at 390 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. Currently I am using the Cosori Pro II 5.8-quart Air Fryer. I have had 4 different air fryers and this one has been my favorite by far.
Air Fryer Smokies Recipe Tip
Don’t crowd the Lil Smokies in the air fryer basket. Space them out and cook in batches if necessary. It’s important that lots of air can circulate around each one.
For an oven-baked recipe, check out this recipe.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Avocado Fries
- Air Fryer Sausage Crescent Cheese Balls
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Spicy Chicken Taquitos
Ai Fryer Little Smokies
- 1 (12 to 14-ounce) package Lit'l Smokies
- 1 (16-ounce) package bacon
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pat the smokies dry with paper towels.Cut each piece of bacon crosswise into 3 pieces.Combine the brown sugar and cayenne pepper in a pie plate or shallow dish.
- Press one side of a piece of bacon into the brown sugar mixture. Place a cocktail wiener at the end of the piece of bacon and roll up. Place seam-side down on a plate or cutting board. Repeat with remaining strips of bacon and cocktail wieners.
- Spray or brush the air fryer basket with a little oil.Place the bacon wrapped smokies in the basket, seam side down, spacing them out. Do not crowd the basket. Cook in batches if necessary.
- Air fry at 390 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, just until bacon is crispy. No need to flip them over.