Air Fryer Crunchy French Toast Sticks- crushed cornflakes give these French Toast Sticks a delicious crunch and extra flavor. This recipe is very kid-friendly and can be made in just 15 minutes.
They turn out wonderfully crispy with just a little butter and no oil. Easy enough to make on a busy weekday morning.
Air Fryer French Toast
Air Fryer French Toast is so much easier than making it in a skillet. It’s hands-off cooking so you can attend to other things. Just remember to take a peak towards the end of cooking time.
The air fryer also gets the French toast wonderfully crispy with minimal use of oil.
Type Of Bread To Use
You want to use stale bread when making French Toast. I use sturdy white bread or brioche for a slightly sweet flavor. French bread works well too.
Air Fryer Crunchy French Toast Sticks Recipe Tips
Do not crowd the air fryer basket. You want room for the air to circulate around the bread. Cook in batches if necessary.
Preheat the air fryer for best results.
Don’t Oversoak The Bread
Just dip each side in to the egg mixture to coat it well. If you leave it in too long, it will get soggy and fall apart.
How Long To Air Fry French Toast Sticks
I find they take 5 to 6 minutes at 375 degrees to crisp up. Different air fryers cook at different rates so they could cook a little more quickly. I’ve made these French Toast Sticks in both the Cosori 5.8-quart Air Fryer and the Instant Vortex Plus 10-Quart Air Fryer.
How To Serve
For more sweetness, dust them with powdered sugar. I like to dip them in maple syrup and serve with fresh berries. Some whipped cream is also delicious if you want to turn them into a decadent treat.
How To Store Air Fryer Crunchy French Toast Sticks
Leftovers can be stored for 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheated at 350 degrees in the air fryer for a minute or two.
More Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
- Air Fryer Ham and Egg Pockets
- Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts
- Air Fryer Chorizo Breakfast Burritos
- Air Fryer Bourbon French Toast
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
Air Fryer Crunchy French Toast Sticks
- Air Fryer
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1½ cups crushed cornflakes
- 4 slices white bread, cut into 1-inch strips
- maple syrup and fresh berries for serving
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a pie plate or shallow bowl.Place crushed cornflakes in a pie plate or shallow dish.
- Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Working in 2 batches, dip bread slices in egg mixture and then press both sides into cornflake mixture.
- Spary air fryer basket with oil and add half the bread slices to the basket leaving room for air to circulate around them.Air fry for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Repeat with second batch.
- Serve with maple syrup and fresh berries.